Elise provides independent consultancy to the water and medical devices industries. She is on the ISO TC47 and BSI EH 3/4 committees, which oversee standards such as ISO 11731, BS 7592, BS 5850-1/2 and BS 8680 and was on the steering group for Department of Health HTM 04-01: Safe water in healthcare premises. She is an independent adviser for Water Safety Groups for Primary Care and Hospital Trusts and is an assessor for the Legionella Control Association.
Elise is a:
- Liveryman of the Worshipful Company of Plumbers
- Registered Biomedical Scientist with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Fellow of the Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS)
- Fellow of the Institute of Healthcare Engineering and Estate Management (IHEEM)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Public Health (RSPH) and member of their water special interest group
- Fellow of the Water Management Society
- Member of the Healthcare Infection Society (HIS) and on their Water Group
- Member of the Central Sterilising Club (CSC)
She has served as Chair of the Water Management Society, presented or chaired at numerous international events and has published a number of peer-reviewed papers.